I have prepared a map of all the locations mentioned for Junior so far in my research.
Edward Marden Jr. - Map 1.0
View Edward Marden Jr. in a larger map
Map of Locations for Edward Marden Jr.
- Haverhill, NH - possibly born here c1785
- Concord, Grafton Co., NH (Lisbon) - possibly born here c1785, with father in 1790 census
- Lyman, Grafton Co., NH - by 1800 with father, own household in 1810 census, “of Lyman” in January 1821, children born here 1809 to 1820
- Bath, NH - married here 1808
- Lunenburg, VT - birth of son Apr-18?? [1818 or after 1820]
- Dalton, Coos Co., NH - residence 1-Oct-1824
- Albany, Orleans Co., VT - 1830, 1840, 1860 & 1870 census, 1846 wife’s death
- Craftsbury, Orleans Co., VT - 1851 marriage record
- Lowell, Orleans Co., VT - 1866 wife’s death
- Coventry, Orleans Co., VT - mentioned by Joseph but not verified by other sources, time period unknown
- Canada - mentioned by “Rix” but not verified by other sources, time period unknown
- Benton, NH - died here 1871 according to “Rix”
- Lloyd, WI - died c1874 according to grandson
- Dalton, NH - Located on the Connecticut River and settled around 1785. In 1821 a group of men moved into the town and began developing a timber industry with it’s accompanying mills and businesses. Perhaps Edward was drawn to the town because of available of job opportunities.
- Albany, VT - Located on the old Bayley-Hazen Road built during the American Revolution. Edward’s father probably worked on this road while serving as a Ranger during the war. An 1859 Map of Albany is available online, but careful examination did not reveal any Marden household. Town Facts as listed by the Orleans County Historical Society include the following “Noticeable population growth in 1830s.” but without any suggestion as to the cause.
Copyright ©2011 Ne-Do-Ba - All Rights Reserved