Today I will be looking at the youngest daughter of Edward Marden Jr. & his wife Elizabeth Annis. I will not cover the child named David in a post since he only lived about 14 months. He falls between Hannah and Elizabeth in the birth order.
Elizabeth Jane Marden - Data not all verified
- 11-Nov-1820 - born in Lyman, NH
- bef 1841 - married Laban Tyler
- c1841 - birth of son George B. (d.1894) at unknown location in NH (perhaps Benton)
- c1849 - birth of son Ezra E. (d.1920) at unknown location in NH (perhaps Benton)
- 1850 to 1855 - at Stoneham, Middlesex Co., MA
- c1855 - birth of son Frank Chase (d.1929) in MA (very likely Stoneham)
- 1860 - Lafayette, Van Buren Co., Michigan
- cApr-1860 - birth of son William Jason in Michigan
- c1864 - birth of son Elmer E. in Michigan
- 1870 - Paw Paw, Michigan
- 19-Nov-1876 - she died in Paw Paw, Michigan
Elizabeth Jane Marden - Locations
- Lyman, NH - 1820 to c1824 as a child with her parents
- Albany, VT - c1820s as a child with her parents
- Stoneham, MA - 1850 to 1855
- Lafayette, MI - 1860
- Paw Paw, MI - 1870 to 1876
View Elizabeth Jane Marden - Map in a larger map
The most important items to keep in mind about Elizabeth Jane Marden are;
- she is recorded as “white” in records
- she sometimes claimed Vermont as her birth place
Elizabeth is married and living in Stoneham, MA by 1850. The birth years of her children suggest they were in New Hampshire in the 1840s before moving to Stoneham then west to Michigan.
I had no luck finding a marriage record or records of birth for any of Elizabeth’s children.
Laban was a shoemaker. After Elizabeth’s death, he moved back east to Lynn, MA where he married widow Almira (Foss) Jackson on 17-Nov-1880. Laban died in Lynn 26-Jul-1903.
What else should I try to learn about Elizabeth Jane Marden?
- Can I verify her birth date?
- Can I learn more about her children?
Are there any descendants out there that can provide additional information or perhaps photos?
Copyright ©2011 Ne-Do-Ba - All Rights Reserved